Four Ways That Cryotherapy Delays Aging
Did you know that Cryotherapy Delays Aging?
YES! One of the most significant benefits that you can derive from whole body cryotherapy is improving the quality of your sleep.
Here’s a look at some of the benefits that whole body cryotherapy offers:
- Pain Relief – If you are having trouble sleeping because of pain, inflammation, or muscle soreness, cryotherapy can help ease your pain. While in whole-body cryotherapy chamber, your body will be exposed to extremely cold temperatures. The frigid temperatures help diffuse inflammation and pain in the body, which will make you less restless while you sleep.
- Better Sleep Patterns: Cryotherapy also helps your sleep patterns because it creates positive hormone responses in your body. When your body is exposed to the freezing temperatures in whole body cryotherapy, your body produces hormones directly related to sleep and relaxation.
- Sedation – The intense sensation of cold will trigger your body to release the endorphin norepinephrine. his also acts as a mild sedative to help your body physically and mentally relax.
- Focus – Cryotherapy also affects your mood and your ability to focus affecting your circadian rhythm a/k/a your sleep/wake cycle. The positive endorphins and chemical responses of your brain to cryotherapy will help reduce inflammation and help you clear your head and keep your mind from wandering to sleep more soundly at night.
- Relaxation – Cryotherapy is a natural way to relax and put your body and mind at ease for better sleep quality.
After studying the sleep and discomfort levels of active men who did evening exercise, the European Journal of Sport Science results showed that the use of 3-min whole body cryotherapy after training improved subjective and objective sleep quality in physically active subjects. This may have been due to greater pain relief and improved parasympathetic nervous activity. This study also found that athletes who did whole body reported a feeling of wellness higher than those who did not .
To find out more about the benefits of cryotherapy, come by Nola Cryo for a tour of our facility! We also offer free consultations regarding your total body transformation. Call us today to schedule your appointment at 504-533-9021.