Five Incredible Benefits of Massage
Most people treat massages like a luxury that must be earned. However, massages do so much more for us than make us feel good. Not only do massages relax you, reenergize you, relieve tension and stress, and alleviate aches and pains, they provide incredible health benefits.
Here are five things about massages you should know:
1. Massages Lift Your Mood – Massages increase the body’s production of feel-good hormones dopamine and serotonin. According to a study at the University of Miami School of Medicine, massages lower the body’s stress hormone, cortisol, by as much as 53%.
2. Headache Relief – Nearly 38 million Americans suffer from migraines and headaches. Stress and poor sleep habits can trigger headaches or make them worse. Massages improve sleep quality in participants and lead to fewer headaches. Effects from massage therapy can even last weeks after receiving treatment.
3. Lower Blood Pressure – High blood pressure affects up to 68 million Americans, putting them at risk for heart attacks and strokes. Massage therapy lowers blood pressure more effectively than just simply relaxing does.
4. Improve Circulation and Eliminate Toxins – Massages loosen muscles and tendons, which increases blood flow throughout the body. It also stimulates the body’s soft tissues, which helps the body release toxins through the lymphatic system.
5. Strengthen Immunity – When lymph nodes become stimulated through massage and strengthen the body’s natural defense system.
Massages are an effective, natural way to relax your body and reduce your stress. But the benefits go far beyond the relaxation factor. Adding massage therapy to your weekly or even monthly routine will significantly enhance the quality of your wellness.
Nola Cryo offers nine types of massages to help you feel better physically, mentally, and emotionally. Each massage provides a unique healing approach! Visit nolacryo.com to learn more or call (504) 533-9021 today to schedule your massage.